Friday, November 20, 2015

Fred and Ned are Best Friends

Once upon a time, there was a duck named Fred.

One day, Fred decided to go down to the creek and visit his friend Ned. Ned wasn't just his friend, though. Ned and Fred were best friends.

That sounds pretty normal, until you find out that Ned was a fish.

Now, I know you wouldn't normally expect a duck and a fish to be best friends, but they really had a lot in common. They both like swimming, they both like eating bugs, and they both really like it when someone gives them bread, even though it isn't good for them.

So anyway, Fred went down to visit Ned.

"How's it going, Ned?" asked Fred.

"Good, Fred, how are you?" asked Ned.

"Oh real good Ned," replied Fred. "It looks like rain to me, though."

"Oh, I don't even notice rain," said Ned. "I'm always wet."

"I never thought about that, Ned," said Fred, to which Ned replied, "Yeah, I've never been dry. Sometimes I wonder what it's like."

"Huh" said Fred. "Yep, it's raining," he added.

So Fred and Ned sat quietly, listening to the rain, watching the drops hit the water.

After a while, Fred said, "Ned, this is nice. I'm glad you're my best friend. I love you."

"Me too Fred, I'm glad you're my best friend. I love you too," said Ned.

And the best friends went back to sitting quietly, listening to the rain, until they both fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment