Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Uni the Unicorn

Note: My daughter is now introducing characters and expecting me to write stories. This one - Uni the Unicorn.

Once upon a time, there was a duck named Fred. He lived in a nest in the forest.

One morning, he heard a noise as he got up, and found - a unicorn!

Fred, being the blunt and confident duck that he is, said, "Hi. I'm Fred. Who are you?"

"I'm Uni," replied the unicorn. "I need somewhere to live."

"I don't think you'll fit in my nest," replied Fred.

"No, I don't think so," said Uni.

Fred was a friendly and helpful duck, though, so he offered to help Uni find a home in the forest.

They checked with his friend Ned, the fish.

"I don't think a unicorn can live in a stream," said Ned. And Uni agreed.

They checked with his friend Red, the hedgehog.

"There's no way you'll fit in my burrow," said Red. And Uni agreed.

They checked with his friend Ted, the goose.

"You won't fit in my nest, that's for sure," said Ted. And once again, Uni agreed.

They even checked with Boris the bear. But Boris said, "I'm not having you prancing around my cave while I"m hibernating" and that was that.

"I appreciate your trying, Fred. You know, I don't really need anything but somewhere I can stand that doesn't have too many bugs. I really don't like bugs," said Uni.

"Not like bugs? Well, to each his own," said Fred. "But you know what? I was over by the big pine yesterday with Ted, and we couldn't find any bugs at all!"

"No bugs at all? That's perfect!"

Fred was getting pretty tired at this point, but he led Uni over to the big pine. Uni was thrilled - "This is perfect, Fred. And I love how the pine smells, too!"

"Oh that's good, Uni," replied Fred, "but I'm really tired, so I'm going home. Good bye, Uni."

"Good bye, Fred. Thanks again for helping me."

And off Fred flew, home to his nest, where he had a little snack of 3 bugs and a berry, and tucked his little duck head under his little duck wing and fell off to sleep curled up in his nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment